The Scope and Basis of Inspection and Approval
|The Scope and Basis of Inspection and Approval|
|Source from AQSIQ|
Food products which are easy to spread disease:
Entry animal-derived food products such as meat and its products (including viscera), fresh eggs, fresh milk, edible gelatin, edible bone hoof horns and their products, traditional animal-derived Chinese medicinal materials, food of special nutrients like edible bird’s nest, animal-derived raw materials of cosmetics; and plant-derived food, such as all kinds of beans, minor cereals, vegetables in potato family.
1. Administrative Permission Law of the People’s Republic of China
2. Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine (Article 5, Article 10)
3. Regulations for the Implementation of the Law of the People’s Republic of China on the Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine (Article 9, Article 10, Article 11, Article 14, Article 15)
4. Measures on the Administration of Inspection and Quarantine of Exit-Entry Grain and Feed Products (AQSIQ Decree No.7, 2001)
5. Directory of Entry Animals and Plants and their Products as well as Other Articles Requiring Quarantine (AQSIQ Announcement No.2, 2002)
6. Announcement on Opening up the Online Examination and Approval of the Quarantine License (AQSIQ Announcement No.36, 2003)
7. Regulations on Cancelling Examination and Approval on Plant Products of Eight Species (AQSIQ Announcement No.43, 2003)
8. Measures on the Administration of Quarantine and Approval of Entry Animals and Plants (Decree No.25, 2004)
9. Measures on the Administration of Inspection and Quarantine of Entry and Exit Meat Products (Decree No.26, 2004)
10. Regulations on the Administration of Inspection and Quarantine of Entry Meat Products (Announcement No.49, 2004
11. Implementing Measures on Administrative Licensing Entrustments for Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (Announcement No.64, 2004)
12. Announcement on Related Matters of Transacting Examination and Approval on Entry Animals and Plants (Announcement No.73, 2004)
13. Administrative Licensing Items in the Charge of General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (Announcement No.80, 2004)
14. Regulations on Cancelling Entry Examination and Approval on Some Animals and Plants (Announcement No.111, 2004)
15. Notice on further Strengthening and Regulating the Administrative Work on Quarantine and Approval on Entry Meat Products (AQSIQ Letter on Food Quality Inspection 571)
16. List of Animals and Their Products Whose Import from Animal Plague Spreading Countries or Regions Are Prohibited (updating on the Internet)
17. List of Varieties and Uses of Meat Products Permitted to Import as well as Countries or Regions Permitted to Import Meat from (updating on the Internet)
18. Comparison Table of the Article Names and CIQ Codes of the Common Entry Meat Products
19. List of Qualified Importing Entry Meat Enterprises (updating on the Internet)
Ⅱ、Requirements for applying for inspection
1. Basic Requirements for the applying units
(1) The applying unit shall be an independent legal entity and entitled to sign foreign trade contract or agreement independently.
(2) The applying unit shall be equipped with the file and registration qualification of the foreign trade operator, getting certificate documents such as the Business License for Enterprise as a Legal Person, organization code certificate of People’s Republic of China, Record Registration Form of Foreign Trade Operators, the original form and its copy of Import and Export Goods Shippers’ Declaring at Customs Registration Certificate.
(3) The applying unit shall be equipped with electronic keys used to apply on the Internet and file on record in respective bureaus directly under AQSIQ.
2. Documents required to be submitted when applying
(1) The documentary evidence of registering qualification of refrigeratory (for the entry meat products) (If the applying unit is inconsistent with the storing unit, the storage contract signed with the registered refrigeratory shall be submitted).
(2) The documentary evidence of the producing, processing and storing units as the specified processing factories (for the entry intestine and casing).
(3) The inspection report for the producing, processing and storing units issued by the destination inspection and quarantine bureau directly under AQSIQ (for the entry edible Pilose Antler, antlers, cereal grains, beans and so on) (If the applying unit is inconsistent with the storing unit, the processing contract, storage agreement or agency importing agreement shall be submitted)
(4) The inspection report of the product ingredients, as well as its background materials or other materials (for the entry bird’s nest, edible gelatin and so on).
(5) Documents about the reasons for refusing shipment, refusing agreement, and all the documents required for exporting (refusing goods).
(6) The cancelable form of cancelable and repeatedly-used the permit.
3. Permissive conditions
(1) Complying with the inspection and quarantine law and regulations of the People’s Republic of China and its Ministries;
(2) Being in accordance with the bilateral inspection and quarantine agreement signed with the exporting countries or regions (including the quarantine agreements, treaties, memorandums and so on);
(3) No related animal and plant epidemic in and via the exporting countries or regions
(4) As to the entry animal and plant products that can be cancelled, the using and cancelling of the quarantine permit examined and approved last time shall be examined in accordance with the related regulations.
(5) The animals and plants and their products needing quarantine and supervision of their producing and processing procedures after entering, whose transporting, producing, processing, storing and handling are in conformity with quarantine and supervision conditions and within their producing and processing abilities.
1. Filing application
The applying unit shall fill in the Application Form and apply to the inspection and quarantine bureau directly under AQSIQ (hereinafter to be referred as the direct bureau) on the Internet and submit the related attached documents accordingly.
Responsible departments: the direct bureau
The direct bureau receives the application, examine and verify the authenticity and integrity of the attached documents, and make decisions on accepting or refusing the application.
3. Final examination
Responsible departments: the food bureau shall first examine and verify the applications submitted by the direct bureau and make decisions on approval or disapproval and issue the Quarantine License or the Not Approving Notice according to the overseas animal and plant epidemic situation, laws and regulations, announcements and prohibitions, alert notifications, risk assessment report and safety evaluation report and so on.
4. Printing the License
The direct bureau is in charge of printing the Quarantine Permit or the Disapproval Notice and notifies the applicants.
Ⅳ、Applying on the Internet
Enter the Management System of the Permit of the People’s Republic of China on Quarantine of Entry Animals and Plants. The website is: http://capq.ciq.
Ⅴ、Examining status enquiry