Safe, stable and reliable!
We focus on one-stop import customs clearance, trade agent solution, logistics service providers, professional service.

FAQs and answers - Great Britain & Northern Ireland

2017-07-09 22:14:51

FAQs and answers



1) Has China joined the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Documents?
China has not joined this convention yet, but it is applicable to Hong Kong SAR and Macao SAR.
2) Is the Chinese embassy or consulate responsible for the authenticity of the contents of the document to legalize?
No. The Chinese embassy or consulate is only responsible for the authenticity of the signature of the officer of FCO or the stamp of the authorised department. The document issuing party should be responsible for the contents of the document. If the contents of a document to be legalized are against Chinese laws and regulations, the Chinese embassy or consulate will refuse to undertake legalizations for it.
3) What is the validity period of a document?
A Single Status Certificate must be legalized at FCO and the Chinese embassy or consulate, within the three months after the notarisation. Notary certificates, to be used in China, regarding a person's marital status, health, property, income and non-criminal record, for the purpose of adoption in China, need to be obtained at FCO, the Chinese embassy or consulate within six months after notarisation.
4) Does the Chinese embassy or consulate accept legalization applications via post?
Due to safety reasons, we do not accept postal applications. However, you may entrust someone else to submit applications on your behalf.
All rights of explanation of the above contents are reserved to the Chinese embassy and consulates.